Times tables are taught as a discrete lesson every week from Year 1 to Year 6.
During these lessons, children are encouraged to:
- Recall facts quickly including division facts
- Recall facts in order and out of order
- Learn strategies for remembering times table facts including well known rhymes or songs, tricks and patterns
- Complete practise tests using timers
- Use multiplication and division facts to solve problems
- Use multiplication and division facts to solve longer calculations including long multiplcation and long division methods
- Have fun!