St John's 150th
St. John’s CE
150 Years Old
This year, our fantastic school turns 150!
St. John’s infant school (as it was back then), was built and opened in 1866 in grateful and affectionate remembrance of the Revd. John Armistead, who had been the Vicar of the Parish of Sandbach for 34 years. And 150 years later, we are still going strong!
So we did not let the monumental milestone year pass without having some special celebrations! We had lots of events that took place during the year:
- A 150th Celebration party week for the children with lots of fun, activities and learning taking place;
- A new commemorative 150th celebratory garden;
- A new summer reading house;
- A new commisioned piece of glass blown mosaic Art work to be mounted outside;
- The planting of a new fruit tree;
- Afternoon teas and coffee mornings during the Autumn term (open to the wider community to visit school and take a walk down memory lane looking at old pictures and talking with today's pupils)
- A re-dedication ceremony of the school, to be held on Thursday 19th January 2017 with a special visit from the Bishop of Stockport, the Right Reverend Libby Lane;
- A Ceilidh Family Party night - held in a professional marquee on the school field - on Saturday 21st January 2017, to celebrate to the day, 150 years since children first entered our school;
- Rose Queen Past & Present Family Church Service - held at school in the marquee;
- Sunday 29th January - Sandbach Lion’s Band Concert from 2pm.