Our Vision & Mission
With God, all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
Our learning, our community and our environment will ensure that every child leaves St Johns feeling proud, valued, safe
and able to develop their full potential knowing that with God, all things are possible.
St John’s prides itself in providing an education that allows all children to flourish and achieve. Our high expectations and standards are evident in our engaging and creative curriculum, underpinned by our Christian faith and values. We provide all children with the primary life and learning skills they will need to reach their full potential and lead a happy, healthy and successful life.
Relationships play a key role at St John’s, with friendship and family at the heart of our local community, but our hands and hearts stretch much further. High priority is given to building strong, inclusive relationships between children, parents, staff, governors, neighbours and friends; both local, national and global. We teach and encourage children to take responsibility for the world they live in and to follow in the guidance of the Christian faith and of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
A warm welcome will always greet you at St John’s. The school is a celebration of children’s learning, where the Christian message, values and beliefs are visible all around. Our eco-friendly environments are safe, stimulating and vibrant, encouraging children to extend their own thinking and ideas. We value children’s ideas on how to develop their environments, making school a fun, healthy and happy place to be.
To underpin our mission, we have six key principles that thread through our school curriculum and our daily life in school. Those principles are:
- Ensure all our children acquire the key English and Mathematical skills to enable them to access the whole curriculum and future learning;
- Develop every child's Physical Health and Mental Well-being to become confident and independent young people;
- Prepare children to be Active and Responsible Citizens in the school and wider community with a key focus on British Values;
- Provide an understanding of children's responsibility for looking after Our Environment and Our Planet;
- Establish an awareness of Diversity - locally, nationally and globally.
- Secure an understanding of the core Christian Values to enable children to develop healthy relationships and make the right choices.